As 2020 approaches it’s time to take a quick gander back at the year that was.
First off, let’s finish up the year’s monthly trek with my December Florida ramblings. The month started and is ending near Orlando. In fact, I’ll be here till the verge of Spring.
I ended up covering quite a bit of the same territory in 2019 as I did in 2018, although that wasn’t really the plan at the start. It just kind of worked out that way given some commitments I had and how best to meet them from where I would be at the time.
The stats, in a nutshell:
- 9665 miles travelled. Those are RV miles. Some places I drove my car quite a bit, and some places nearly none.
- 14 States visited. That is states I stayed in, not just passed through.
- 9 States new states visited in the Motorhome. This brings my total up to 25.
- 1295 gallons of fuel purchased, costing $3552. That’s an average of 7.4 miles per gallon.
- 0 state bike rides completed. Hmm, not so good there for my 50 Rides In 50 States goal. I had a few planned, actually showed up for a couple, got rained out of one and winded out of the other. Not giving up though.
- 10 National Parks. That doesn’t include the plethora of other NPS units I visited which have designations other than a National Park, such as Monument, Memorial, Battlefields, Historic place, etc.
- 3 State High Points. 15 reached, 34 more to go. Yes, I’m aware that is only 49. I have no intention of risking my life to climb Denali, in Alaska.
When you add the two years I’ve been living on the road together, it looks like this…
Looking forward to my 2020 adventures!